Monday, September 25, 2006

UCL-CENTRAL: Today I chased up the replication sft problem. I don't have any answer from my ggus ticket (#12970). William has mapped me to opssgm and I can sucessfully store files on their srm. When looking more in detail it seems that they are also openssl errors spitted by the server. They only appear when it is the "regular sft" that are running. If we use the polish portal we don't have the error. My bet it that the portal uses grid-proxy-init while the "regular sft" is using voms-proxy-init. It is probably because the vomses and vomsdir content is not completely correct. William is having a look at that.

ATLAS: I have contacted Alessandro to understand why some of the London sites are not in shown on their production portal. He explained me that they have to populate a list of sites to which they submit production jobs. I will make sure with Kondo that the atlas sw is there on all london sites.

CMS: The cms production is finished (50 millions events). CSA06 should start in the coming weeks to analyse the produced data that is fed back to CERN.

Woodcrest: Today we (me, Mona, Bill) physically installed all the machines we currently have (22 wn and 8 disk servers).

PPS: Barry is summarizing all the problems he went trough with the glite WMS. Hope to have this for the next operation meeting.

dCache: Having problems with the number of connection in close_wait state. This is a known issue to the dCache team. We don't know when it will be fixed. This causes replication failures ...

Transfer test: RALPPD-->QMUL transfer test worked. Average bandwidth 106Mbits/s and 1146/1500 files transferred. Clearly we should be able to do better since they have a 1Gb link which is not much loaded.

GridMon: Got an agreement with Mark to have the recepie to rebuild the GridMon box for Imperial and UCL. Kostas agreed to build it.

Brunel new cluster:Discusssions with Duncan on how to proceed with the new cluster.

No comments: